The need for OSHMS response to benefit client-organizations in pursue an
benchmark for occupational health and safety management, such that through assessment provides issuing a certificate of registration. ILO-OSH-2001, Loss
Control and BS OHSAS 18001 are compatible with ISO 22000, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 in ways contributing to control and compliance 29 CFR 1910, 1926, Z-10 and similar other.
OSHMS whether Loss Control, ILO-OSH or BS OHSAS 18001, and ISO 45001, requires that organizations address:
- Development of Policy for Occupational Safety & Health
- Requires planning of the OSHMS
- Implement and Operational Controls
- Verification and taking necessary action
- Management reviewing the results to assure adequacy and effectiveness,
- Pursuing continual improvement, and
- Integrate into the business continuity strategy
BRS has benefited organizations in construction, chemicals and distribution with an integral Loss Control and Prevention
program. Our accreditation focus on protection of community and consumers while exercising due-care, as we do not operate on a mere conformity array.
BRS OSHMS Registration
BRS OSHMS propitiates flexibility in certification as organization may opt for ILO-OSH, Loss Control or BS OHSAS 18001,
ISO 45001 management controls for compliance to 29 CFR 1910, 29 CFR 1926 for construction and similar others. BRS may include a basis for integration with ISO 13485, ISO 9001, ISO 22000 or ISO 14001.
OSHMS is a teamwork effort, it is expected that the duties and responsibilities do not rely in a unique function or individual, as OSHMS needs to address:
- Planning - set forth implementation of occupational safety and health initiatives set by executive management,
requiring a policy appropriate to the nature of the activities, and addressing legal requirements as it carry over to programs improving performance;
- Doing - setting and implementing the stage for establishing, maintaining and improving risk related occupational safety and health and carrying over benefiting stakeholders, and which is "auditable";
- Verifying - through objective verification evaluate the performance of the occupational safety and health against planned agreements, criteria and legal requirements;
- Acting - Executive management review and act on the performance of the occupational safety and health
initiatives, which includes, among others, effectiveness of the policy, objectives, verification results, and raising opportunities assisting the organization to improve its overall performance.
HAZMAT, HAZPOWER, DOT, EPA and OSHMS; OSHMS (and ISO 14001) contribute to the effectiveness of the controls necessary to the likes of...
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(e), and for construction 29 CFR 1926,
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146 (Confined Space Entry and Work requirements),
- DOT 49 CFR 172.704 (Hazardous Materials Transportation, Labeling & Placarding HM-181, 126F, 215A&B,
- EPA 40 CFR 262.34 & 265.16 (Hazardous Waste Management), and
- requirements others needing for your organization abiding to regulatory requirements