BS OHSAS 18001, ISO 45001, provides an organizations with a management tool for the
administration and control of occupational health and safety (OH&S), integral to Loss Prevention. The current published version of ISO 45001 and is BS OHSAS 18001 help with regulatory compliance.
This specification is comprised of of two documents, BS OHSAS 18001 and BS OHSAS 18002, respectively the current versions. At BRS we address regulatory compliance in addressing OHSAS
18001. In countries like the USA wherein a strict and rigorous Codes of Federal and State Regulations BS OHSAS 18001 provides for defining, establishing, implementing and reviewing OH&S
in manners to help in consistency with national and local regulations. As result, OHSAS 18001 certification is a helpful mean to objectively demonstrate competence through impartiality and is on the rise.
In the USA the general Federal Code of Regulation is 29 CFR 1910 and applicable sectors such as construction 29 CFR 1926, 1904 and State Programs such as CAL/OSHA.
The Specification is attune to other management systems requiring top management drive as a mean to comply with local
regulations in prevention of accidents, promote good health and a basis to update and improve.
BRS provides international certification through accreditation for current BS OHSAS 18001 specification and applicable to organizations to:
- Establish an Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OHSMS) to manage and control these risks in adhering to regulations and contractual agreements,
- Fulfill the organization's OH&S Policy,
- Demonstrate competence, due-care, due-diligence to employees and others,
- Implement, maintain, update with the intent to improve business performance through the OHSMS,
- Seek third party impartial certification of its OHSMS based OHSAS 18001 in accordance to legal obligations
A BS OHSAS 18001, ISO 45001, assessment assists in business performance, as it provides a basis to control, manage
and minimize risk to employees and visitors. Update to an existing OHSMS demonstrates competence , due-care, due-diligence as a mean to gain assurance in OH&S.
The OH&S Management System (OHSMS) supports the enterprise in a culture of safety as a means to business sustainability and continuity.
- Help maintain employee health, well-being and morale,
- Internationally recognized and generally accepted specification, as the basis for our accreditation,
- Easily assessed within existing management systems,
- Provides evidence that the organization adheres to legal obligations, regulations and contractual requirements,
- Reduces occupational hazards through analysis and activities,
- Reduces regulatory inspections, workman's compensation, absenteeism, and may help reduce liability insurance premiums,
- Consistency in assessments,
- When appropriately implemented ways to simplifies in adherence to law are sought in manners to reduces bureaucracy
BRS is an accredited highly respected worldwide organization because of its consumer-centric and service quality. BRS
exclusive professionals work with client-organizations and governments to ensure that management systems are
appropriate, adequate and effective to assure continuous updates leading onto performance improvement in meeting continuos challenges within the free market.